Your surgery will be scheduled by your surgeon’s office. A member of our office staff and clinical staff will contact you prior to your surgery to discuss your insurance and demographic information, health history, medication list, and surgical procedure.
PREPARING FOR YOUR SURGERY
- Please notify your physician or the Surgery Center if there has been any change to your medical condition, like cold, fever or illness since your surgery was scheduled.
- The Surgery Center will contact you the day before your surgery to confirm your surgery, the surgical procedure, arrival time, and review any instructions. Patients scheduled for Monday surgery will be contacted the Friday before their surgery. If you do not receive a call by 4:00pm, please call us at 321-754-1130 and ask to speak with a Pre-operative Nurse.
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you to and from the Surgery Center for your surgery and remain with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- No food, drink, not even coffee or water, after midnight before your surgery. You may brush your teeth – remember not to swallow anything. Refrain from chewing gum or mints as well. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- If you are diabetic, on blood pressure or heart medications, or any other medications, please obtain specific instructions from your surgeon on contact the center.
- If you wear glasses, contacts, or hearing aids, please bring protective cases for them. You will not be able to wear them during surgery. If you wear dentures, we will provide a container if needed. Dentures will be removed prior to surgery.
What to Expect the Day of Surgery
- Remove all make-up, nail polish from all extremities (fingers and toes), jewelry, and body piercings
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes such as active wear, easy to button shirts and blouses. Wear comfortable shoes, no high heels or boots please.
- Leave all jewelry or valuables at home, we will not be responsible for lost or damaged property.
- Arrange to have a responsible adult drive you to and from the center, remain at Rinehart Surgery Center during your visit, and be with you for 24 hours post operatively.
- Upon arrival at the Surgery Center, you will check in at the receptionist desk. Please bring your insurance cards and a form of identification.
- After checking in at our center, you will be moved to the pre-op holding area after the receptionist registers you.
- A Nurse and Anesthesiologist will meet with you before your surgery to explain what will happen, discuss your anesthesia, and answer any questions or concerns.
- Bring a list of all medication (over the counter or prescription), vitamins, dietary supplements, and dosages. Please include any allergies and sensitivities.
- Be prepared to sign a financial consent form stating that you are responsible for charges incurred at the Surgery Center. The Surgery Center will bill your insurance as a courtesy. Any Deductible, Coinsurance, Copays or other out of pocket expenses are due the day of surgery, unless arrangements have been made prior to surgery.
What to Expect the Day of Surgery
- A nurse will discuss your post-surgical medication and discharge instructions with you, as well as provide you a written copy to take home.
- Due to mediations administered during your stay, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DRIVE YOURSELF HOME. A responsible adult must drive you home. Taxis, Ubers, buses, and the like are not acceptable methods of returning home.
- Make sure that you are not alone for the next 24 hours following surgery. You may feel dizzy, or lightheaded several hours after the surgery and may require assistance at home.
- Upon arriving at home, it is very important to follow your doctor’s instructions regarding rest, medications, and activity.
- You will receive a follow up call from our staff the day after surgery. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your surgeon or our office.
The staff is pleased that you and your surgeon have selected our facility for your surgery. You are a valued guest and want to do everything we can to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.